I changed up the blog, as you can see, and now it is COLORFUL. And color makes me super-happy! And on that note, I shall do the meme that everyone wants me to do about things that make me happy. So here we go...seven things I love/ that make me happy.
1. People! I love people, particularly my fantastic family, The Little Old Lady, my Mermaid Child (who is now 21, mazal tov!), The Girl From Philly, BlueJew, CS Louis, Lightman + The Tent-Peg Wielder, Daughter of God, Spock, Sam, Jordan and so forth. Also, my amazing cousin Yechiel who has gone off to Israel to join the IDF (I miss him.)
2. Books! Every single kind, but particularly fantasy and fiction. (George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series remains my favorite.) And Sefarim- I've decided that since my mother already purchased my kitchen, my wedding registry will consist of the Beit Midrash I desire instead. No Bed, Bath & Beyond for Me- it's gonna be an Eichlers party. *smirk*
3. Papyrus. Papyrus is a card-store and if you ever want to make me happy, you should buy me a glittery card from there. I don't like Hallmark or any other card-store as much as I do Papyrus. (At my wedding, dear people, I only expect Papyrus cards- if you purchase another, it shows you don't know me well enough.)
4.The Creative Process- Whether it's painting, cooking, dancing, thinking, I love to create things (and most importantly, myself, a la The Rav.)
5. New and Interesting Situations. Have a crazy idea of something that'd be fun to do? Doesn't matter if it's 3 AM- call me up and let's go have a party! Whether it's Shakespeare in the Parking Lot or dancing in fountains, Chana is there, there, there! Nothing crazy has ever stopped me before (unless it's dangerous.)
6. Parties! I love parties which are intimate enough that people can get to know one another. So not huge, overstuffed parties where people are chewing on canapes and trying to painfully avoid stepping on one another's toes. But parties where people are actually doing something fun and/or talking to one another.
7. Glitter and Color. No matter what you get me, as long as it is glittery and colorful, I will love it. All my t-shirts are glittery and colorful, as are my paintings, as are my fingernails and toenails when I get them done, as are my hair-barettes...you get the idea.
I tag God! And being brilliant, I can answer for Him- seven things He loves:
1. When I follow His will as opposed to exercising mine
2. When I've figured out the lessons He's teaching me
3. When I quit sulking and am happy instead!
4. When I talk to Him (particularly if I'm respectful but He's good with angry Chana, too)
5. When I get very excited about His Torah
6. When all of us Jews demonstrate our love for one another
7. When I honor the Shabbat day as He desires!
I'm going to add an eighth thing for God- His daughter. God loves me. Sometimes I can't tell, but I know that it is true. And for the times I both know it and feel it, well, that makes me happy, too.