Friday, August 28, 2009

Team Chana For The Win!

So as many of you have happily pointed out to me, R' Gil Student nominated me as a blogger who should be chosen by Nefesh B'Nefesh to fly to Israel and report at their JBloggers Convention. (Update: Harry-er than them all also nominated me!)

I have decided that I should campaign in an effort to secure this opportunity. Firstly, I think it would be an incredible opportunity and I would love to go. Secondly, I can go because I can get folks to tape the lectures for me so that I can catch up on them when I return home. In any case, I figured I should list reasons I should go here.

1. I love talking to random people I don't know and getting their stories. I do that all the time, as anyone who knows me or reads the blog can testify. So if the point is to transcribe someone's aliyah story, I think I would do a great job of that.

2. My cousin is on Kibbutz Yisrael with Garin Tzabar and is joining the IDF in November. I would love to see him. My other friend, Sam, is also in the IDF and I would be thrilled to see him as well. I would also love to see Jameel, my friend Israel Chronicles, Gila, and so many other wonderful people. Also, I could possibly take advantage of this trip to ferry documents and/or objects for people to and from the beloved country.

3. I have not been to Israel since the summer of my junior year in high school and I would relish the opportunity to get to go there once more.

4. I've been blogging since eighth grade (not on this blog, I admit.) I started off back in the days of melodramatic.com, proceeded to modblog.com, and only reluctantly moved to the blogger.com platform (due to modblog's crash). In short, I've been blogging much longer than anyone else around (seven years!) so if anyone belongs at a Blogger's Convention, I do!

5. Everyone wants to see what kind of spontaneous combustion will occur when you add Chana + an Israeli cabdriver together. Oh, the stories I shall be able to tell!

6. I absolutely adore the little chocolate brownies they offer on the El-Al flight. And they come with some sort of whipped cream, too!

7. I always hope that some letter someone wrote to me and intended for me will fall out of a crack in the Kotel while I'm putting my own prayer in, and I will have a 'Small Miracles' moment. Who knows? If I get to go, maybe I can secure one!

8. Being in Israel for the month of Elul? Are you kidding me? That's like a dream come true! I would revel in that...it must be an atmosphere totally unknown to secular American man!

In any case, vote Team Chana for the win!

17 comments:

Dana said...

this is so cool!!! how do i vote??

Jeff Wild said...

Go Chana Go . . . I have the same question as Dana, how do I vote?

Anonymous said...

I believe only bloggers can vote/nominate.

Anonymous said...

I'm for Chana!

Chana said...

So the way it works is that folks can nominate me (which they have!) but Nefesh B'Nefesh makes the final decision/ pick. Campaigning doesn't really help me win; I just figured it would be fun to do so nonetheless.

Anonymous said...

If you want to go to Israel so badly, why don’t you just ask your dad to buy you a ticket?

Aaron said...

Anon 10:21 is't not fun when you ask a parent to buy a ticket.

Chana was nominated as a blogger to join the convention @ Kattamon,Jerusalem and she wishes to participate.

Chana,I do hope you get to go and write great posts about your experience in Yerushalaim.
Good shabbos!

Uri said...

I dito Aaron.

Anonymous said...

Yes to Chana!

Brizingr/Taran said...

Yep. Go get on that plane asap!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Chana!

Dorron Katzin said...

I finally figured out where the picture at the top of the web page comes from.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/nyregion/06metjournal.html

dustfinger said...

GO CHANALEH.

Shimon said...

For whatever it's worth, you now have my nomination as well.

Anonymous said...

LOL at the rich girl groveling for a free plane ticket.

Anonymous said...

Anon September 01,2009 7:40am,
you are an owner of a very sick mind. There is nothing but jealousy and hatred in your comment! You are beyond help.

Dorron Katzin said...

Anon 7:40am

How do you presume to know Chana's financial condition? I have no idea. It is neither your business nor mine.

If you actually know and post anonymously, you are a coward. While I choose to use a pseudonym for posting, Chana knows who I am. I do not post anything I would not say to her in person.