Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Friend!

Seal is my favorite artist. He's probably the only artist I would actually want to hear live in concert. In any case, I absolutely love his song 'Newborn Friend.' (Lyrics.)


Newborn Friend - Seal

I wash my faith in dirty water,
Cause it gives my mind a little order.
And I play that game, just like I should do.
But my whole world, slips away.
[...]
Ohh, I know the reason,
I'm not enough.
There's nothing more... But,
If I chant for happiness, maybe that will make me feel better.
I can't changes my ideals, I can't put out the fire.
[...]
I'll be your newborn friend and I'll...
Sing loud... Sing loud... Sing loud... my friend
Gonna sing louder sing loud sing loud my friend
To my friend my friend and I...
I'll sing love, sing loud, sing a little louder of my friend.
Ohh, my darlin friend my friend my friend

And then I love his song 'Amazing.' (Lyrics.)

The best part of that song is the verse: "I want you to always feel you're amazing."

Ah, my friend, my friend, even though you won't hear me, I hope you always feel you're amazing. And I think I shall do as Seal advises...chant for happiness because maybe that will make me feel better. And I'll sing of my friend whom I love so well, the friend with all my blessings.

No comments: