I watched The Fall. It was exquisite. Dreamlike, tragic and beautiful all at once, exactly the way a movie should be. It made me cry. I cannot remember the last time a movie truly made me cry, as opposed to merely bringing tears to the eye. If I were a movie, I would be The Fall.
The wedding scene was one of the ones that made me cry.
But I also loved:
- "Googly, googly, googly."
- The quote you referenced regarding throwing oranges at priests.
- The fact that Alexandria plants orange halves with teeth within them, thinking that will grow oranges with teeth.
- The promise Roy makes to her and how he shows her his hands.
- The poetry/ literary nature of the film. Also, the beautifully evocative soundtrack.
- "The Fall"- falling from horses, orange groves, medicine cabinets, in battle...
- And of course, the fact that Alexandria changes the story.