Friday, August 07, 2009

Ha Lachma Anya (I Welcome The Shabbat Queen, Part 3)

This Shabbat, my share of the cooking included the following spread, which consists of Sweet & Sour Meatballs on Rice, Apple Kugel (thanks for the recipe, RaggedyMom!), Carrot Kugel and Pasta with Sauce.



And then the pièce de résistance: Pineapple Chicken!



I'm serious about the invitation, by the way- if you live in the Heights and are a nice person, be friends with me! And all you folks in Queens and Brooklyn and the rest of the Boroughs, make friends in the Heights, sleep over and come to me for Shabbat.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

The chicken looks lovely!
I'm sure it will taste as good as it looks.
Good shabbos to your and your invited guests. You are a generous hostess.

RT said...

I'm glad you view the making and savouring of food as an art, a tradition. It takes a bit of patience, a great eye for color and some creativity to prove to yourself that you can have the elegance of a nicely prepared and presented restaurant meal in the comfort of your own casa. Congrats!

PS I agree with Aaron. The chicken looks gorgeous!

Uri said...

Kugel and pasta look good too. Glad you enjoy cooking.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

that looks great! i also have made pineapple chicken, although looks like a different recipe

Anon said...

Food,glorious food!
Looks so yummy!