Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Welcome(d) The Shabbat Queen, Part 8

This Shabbat was utterly wonderful! We had the Titian-Haired Goddess, Menachem Butler, The Golden-Haired Girl and her friend, SJ, Erachet and The Book Thief. The Titian-Haired Goddess brought cinnamon babka and amazingly gorgeous long purple candles that I must light at some time, Menachem Butler provided treats from Gruenbaum's (black-and-white cake and chocolate chip cookies), The Golden-Haired Girl and her friend made whole wheat amazing challot, SJ and Erachet brought fruit and The Book Thief provided drinks.

Now to the food. I must inform you that there was a large vegetable-filled salad which you will not see pictures of due to the fact that it was made, dressed and spice on Shabbat proper. But here is everything else.

We begin with the chicken soup:


And matza balls, which were later added to said soup:



Then I decided to create a Thanksgiving theme. We had Chicken Charlie:


And this was meant to be eaten with fresh, homemade cranberry sauce:


Then there was pumpkin pie!


And Lokshen Kugel:


And then Sweet & Sour Chicken (and it looked much prettier on the platter than just taken out of the oven like this):


And this is why y'all should come over.

9 comments:

RT said...

Sounds like you all had an enjoyable shabbat together: great Co, tasty food and loads of fun conversations. Nice pics of food items. I particularly like the way your kugel looks-it's baked to perfection. Congrats on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

Well,it seems your place is perfect for a leisurely dinner with good friends. And that pie looks yummy and I'm feeling decadent.

The Cousin said...

Chicken + Cranberry sauce = yummy.
In fact, that's what I've got planned for my "breakfast' tomorrow.

I came to the blog this morning in search of glorious food photos...and I didn't leave disapointed! :)

David Staum said...

super fleishig meal - 2 types of chicken AND chicken soup? wow. Glad to hear there was salad.

David Staum said...

Full disclosure - I'm a vegetarian :-)

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Chana: Any clue as to what the etymology or linguistic basis the word "Erachet" has? ..been bothering me for a while..

Stubborn and Strong said...

still waiting for my story...

PS I am still jealous of your very creative skills of food on the table. ;-)

Sophie Golden said...

I definitely am going to come over :)
I love Shabbat so much, already miss Her :)

We had a pumpkin pie too this Shabbat, so delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Chana, you'll make someone a good wife and a mother. It's very good to know how to cook before you are married, gives you more time to concentrate on other areas of married life. The food pics look great, btw and based on Stubborn's comment,-tasted good,too. You have a lot to be proud of!