Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank God for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her
hair; "Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."

~"
Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle
~

Well, I don't talk to Jesus and Daddy's never done anything wrong that I know of, but the rest of it seems accurate. *smile*

For the Daddy who spends all of his life trying to make ours better, is selfless and dedicated and devoted, active in communal affairs and nonetheless modest, and most of all the one who is always there to pick up the phone when I need him, I give thanks. God blessed me when he made me your daughter. You are always sweet and gentle and if you are upset, it's because you are worried about my welfare. And you never made fun of me, ever, the way some fathers do, no matter what I said or did or said I wanted to do. Plus, you chose the best mother for me. I am so lucky that I was born with you for my father.

And you know what? The rest of what I want to say is private, so that's the end of this post. But I hope you have a marvelous birthday!