Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the tears of a clown

My favorite Eminem songs are "Lose Yourself" and "Beautiful." They're what I consider the human songs. I like "Mockingbird" and "Toy Soldier" as well (we used to bond over this in the computer lab at North Shore; my friend would swear by "Mockingbird.")

Violence doesn't speak to me and I've always been disturbed by his songs like "Kim," but then he shows his softer, and to my mind, more human side. That's the Eminem I like.

(I also love the songs with the devil voice: "My Darling" and "Deja Vu." Those are powerful.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I over warm-hearted post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to review the intact story.

theonlywayiknow said...

like the title

Term papers said...

Very Interesting Blog as for me. I'd like to read Very informative Blog. I also love this song. Thanks for sharing here..

Joseph the Dreamer said...

My favorites are Lose Yourself, Hailie's Song, When I'm Gone, Mockingbird, Toy Soldiers, Sing for the Moment and... that's all I can remember right now.

I always loved Lose Yourself, but then I watched 8 Mile and I understood it even better (though overall I didn't like the movie).

Huzzah ;-)

Shlomo said...

What about "When I'm Gone"? My personal favorite song (not just Eminem song).

Songs like "97 Bonnie and Clyde" and "Stan", while violent, are very cleverly and interestingly done. I enjoy them, though I think "Kim" is way over the top.

But is "softer" really being "more human"? I think "Kim" is a very good portrait of the emotions a person would feel in such a situation. Those emotions are quite real, I just prefer to fill my head with softer emotions of equal "realness".

Eric said...

Chana, who else do you think writes powerful songs, beside Emimem?

Eric said...

Chana, who else do you think writes powerful songs, beside Emimem?