1. I am very dizzy. This is specific to today. I think I finally understand what the term lightheaded means. I feel like I'm going to faint, except I haven't yet. So I guess I'll just stay dizzy instead.
2. A bunch of people have separately asked me (in completely different contexts) if I am a singer and told me that if I'm not, I should sing. This is both flattering and strange.
3. A bunch of people have also asked me if I am Oriental, Russian or some other ethnicity lately. Guess that's the Bukharian in my blood. People always try to describe why they think I'm different and fail. Ah well. The best was the guy who said "your eyes aren't set in your face like a normal white chick's." Thanks...I think?
4. The lady at Barnes & Noble today had awesome fingernails. They were all black, except one, which was painted in red and gold sparkly polish. I complimented her and we became friends. Her name is Stephanie.
5. I discovered the song "Afterglow" by INXS and I really like it. Mostly I like the concept of living in people's afterglows in general. I think that's a beautiful concept. That way you never lose anyone. You just keep them with you forever.
6. I saw an old man zipping up two little boys' jackets today and almost started crying. I really miss you, Grandpa. I was remembering how you and Grandma used to pick us up from the JCC. I wish I had appreciated you more then. Oddly, I heard a baby crying in Barnes & Noble and also wanted to (but didn't) cry. It upsets me when babies cry; I want to comfort them. (On the other hand, Midrashically speaking, maybe that's proof of the Egyptian method of bringing babies to the Jewish women's house, hitting their Egyptian baby so it cried in order to find out the Hebrew babies.)
7. This one cannot be overstated: I love The Little Old Lady, I love The Little Old Lady, I love The Little Old Lady. I think she and Abergakames are the only ones who have some kind of cheer-up drug in their very voices. All you have to do is talk to them and you suddenly feel like you've been shot up with some kind of joy elixir. It's insanely fabulous.