Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dov In A Play!

Today I went to see my Scarsdale cousin perform in "The Me Nobody Knows." It was a really interesting play- very different from the norm. Not the conventional narrative structure but rather, bits and pieces that enable you to learn about everybody starring within it.

I always feel wistful watching these plays. I love professionally done coed high school plays. North Shore had them. I would have loved to be in them. There's such a beauty to theater- joy and passion and life and full-out happiness. There was one girl who performed who reminded me of me. If I were Conservative, I'd have been her (would have been cast as her role and suchlike.) She had such joy in what she was doing. She is lucky to have that.

In any case, huzzah for Dov!

3 comments:

Adam said...

I feel the same way when I watch a particularly enthralling dance. There's such an implicit joy and zest in the dancer's movements as they spin and twirl each other across the stage. It would be wonderful to join them, though vicarious participation is all we may be able to do.

Anonymous said...

I want a new story please.

Anonymous said...

No new post?