Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Sparkle Queen Offers Updates

Random factotems of interesting knowledge:

1. I look stunning in this dress (and you know I don't really ever think I look pretty in anything) and I can't buy it because it is not tznius. And this makes me exceedingly sad. Maybe I will buy it just to wear in my house. But I can't countenance spending $128 on a size-small dress just to wear to chop vegetables in...or maybe I can...maybe...

2. I read the book Loose Girl tonight. Her definition of a loose girl makes me happy. She explains that this isn't a girl who wants sex all the time but rather wants to feel lovable - which is why she sleeps with so many men. She wants them- or even just one of them- to love her. I totally understand this type of girl and the book resonated a lot. I think there are a lot of girls who would do this except for the fact that they are religious. Hurrah.

3. Five different Borders & Barnes and Nobles didn't have the book I want. Clearly Amazon truly is the way to go. Sigh.

2 comments:

The Cousin said...

On topic #1--I read something in today's paper about a company that rents out dresses. Perhaps that could be a solution for you?
From my experience, I know too many girls who buy a dress once and virtually never wear it again.

on topic #2--on the idea of "loose girls"--part of the problem of being a "loose girl/guy" is the image that comes with it. Usually these people get tagged with a less than stellar reputation (I'll not use the choice words--as I'm not sure if you'd want them quoted on your blog). This then compounds the problem for the loose-individual, as the type they're likely seeking is going to be hesitant to approach them.

#3--From experience Amazon usually has better prices. Though you can get free same day delivery with B&N here in Manhattan IIRC.

inkstainedhands said...

I am not sure what your views are on wearing non-tzniut dresses on top of others things, but I know plenty of people who would pair that dress with a black long-sleeved shell and a black pencil skirt. It obviously doesn't look as good that way, but if you really want to wear a dress somewhere other than your house....

(Or you can just save the $128 and use it for more books. ;])