Monday, November 17, 2008

Abraham

Some people do not like biblical movies, but I love them, because they generally help me understand Tanakh much better. Of course, it is not wise to watch them unless you already have a handle on the true understanding of the verses (with commentaries and suchlike.)

The Richard Harris version of "Abraham" is one such film. Watching it truly changed my life- aside from which, it made me cry. I felt like I finally connected with the story of who he was and the kind of hardships he faced which, while expressed beautifully in the Torah, take on a whole other dimension when one is watching them.

You can watch it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this movie . It's made well and the portrayal of the biblical characters is believable.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Personally- I watched this film a while ago, and while it did help to picture some of the events in Genesis (not necisarily in the most inteligent way), I personally felt Richard Harris made Avraham look like some sort of retard- especially he first time G-d speaks to him. ..I mean; Richard Harris? Abraham?! Come on!