Monday, December 17, 2007

The Pink Bathrobe

So here is a fun story at my expense.

I had gone out to take a shower (there are public bathrooms in my dorm.) Ten or fifteen minutes later, I emerge, having towel-dried my hair, wearing my comfortable pink bathrobe, and cross the hallway to my room. I try to enter, only to discover…

It’s locked.

“Oh, Golden Haired Girl,” I sigh, smiling amusedly. She must have gone out to get dinner and not realized I was in the shower (or perhaps she thought I carried my keys with me everywhere? The latter is less likely.) I consider for a moment as to what I shall have to do, then determine to brazen it out.

I trudge downstairs, barefoot, dripping water on the tile, having fastened my robe tightly (it’s long and reaches my ankles, so all was well) and stand before the security guard, informing her that I had been taking a shower and my roommate had locked me out.

I am sure I did not imagine the smile on her face, and I have to tell you, it was quite the ridiculous moment.

She let me back into my room, pointed to the telephone in the hallway, and explained that if this ever happens again and I don’t feel like wandering around in a robe, I can call for someone. I smile and thank her, but explain that it’s okay; I’m all right.

Who knew that these things happened in real life? I always felt this was reserved for television.

Ah well. I'm highly entertained.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Happened to me once...right before a final...ah, good times.

And yes, if you can, always have your keys with you.

Anonymous said...

You are very smart for having a long bathrobe.

arade89 said...

u shower??

Scraps said...

Ah well. I'm highly entertained.

As am I. This post made me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

One of the first rules of college was to always have your keys with you.

your story reminds me of the time, my freshman year, when, "somehow"* the fire alarm went off in the dorm, and one of my friends was caught mid-shower and had to come out sopping wet in a robe. She wasn't too happy about that.

*It wasn't me who triggered the alarm; but I still refuse to name names.

the only way i know said...

see ...
it's like reality TV
;-p