I figured it would be amusing to recap all the reasons that supposedly I was "never going to get married." These were all told to me by various people: parents, friends, teachers and so forth.
1. You went to a non-Jewish high school! And you switched out of Bais Yaakov to go there!
2. You're too well-read.
3. You're too intelligent.
4. You're too intimidating.
5. You walk outside in the street in a jean skirt thrown over pajama pants and a big comfy sweatshirt with ratty hair done up in a pony tied with a rubber-band while wearing flip-flops
6. You're not frum/ Charedi enough
7. You're too particular
8. You're not interested in going to a shadchan
9. You don't want to date all those boys you're friends with- what about what's-his-name from the Medical Ethics Club?
10. You're not interested in dating at all
11. You believe in fairy tales and this is reality
12. What you write is too controversial
13. You don't like the whole resume/ references/ research system
14. You read all of Shakespeare
15. You scare guys away (I didn't really understand this one but I guess the person thought that I take out my fangs and turn into a vampire on dates)
16. What you write is too graphic/ explicit
17. You're looking for something that doesn't exist
18. You live by your own rules/ march to your own drummer and boys don't like girls who don't want to live by their rules and in fact you ought to listen to your husband
19. You're too stubborn
20. I'm the one who really loves you and you won't date me, ergo.
21. I hate you and you ruined my life and therefore I hope etc.
Were you ever told you weren't ever going to get married? If so, what reason were you given?
Addendum: My mother would like me to clarify that she never told me I wouldn't get married, rather that I simply wouldn't look attractive in my shlumpfy clothes.