Friday, June 29, 2007

Eight Things Meme

Tnspr569 tagged me in the following meme: please list eight things about yourself, then tag eight people and inform them that they have been tagged.

1. If I had to sum my life in books, it would be:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest + The Fountainhead + The Promise + Halakhic Man= Chana

(There are attributes/ characters in each of those books with whom I identify, and more importantly, whose lives and experiences have been mine.)

2. I eat broccoli (well, broccoli quiche, but...)

3. My history teacher once told me that the people he finds most frustrating are those who “mail it in, are going through the motions, don’t care deeply and passionately about something." I agree with him.

4. I do not know how to swallow pills

5. I am afraid of dying (the process and the pain involved) but not of death itself. I am most afraid of dying before I have finished what I have set out to do.

6. I love chocolate ice cream, ice-skating, beautiful cards (and I prefer Papyrus to Hallmark) and bookstores

7. My favorite movies of all time are Ordinary People and A Beautiful Mind. There are others that I find thought-provoking or inspiring, but those are the ones that mean the most to me.

8. I am intensely amused by the number of people who thought I was one kind of person because of reading this blog, and who, upon meeting me, were astonished to find that I was not whatever they had imagined me to be. I am also astonished by the number of opportunities this blog has brought me (and that ranges from those that are college-related to the opportunity to get into seminary with minimal effort- simply because I had written a blogpost.) You are all very kind.

I tag SJ, Erachet, The Apple, Fudge, Scraps, Sweet Rose, Ezzie and Jameel.

10 comments:

BrooklynWolf said...

4. I do not know how to swallow pills

Don't feel bad. I didn't learn how to swallow pills until I was twice your age. :)

The Wolf

Ezzie said...

3) You must hate me. :P (More the first part than the second.)

4) I learned - oddly - by swallowing gum first. (I know, I know...)

5) Funny... I was about to say I'm the same, then thought about it, and decided I'm the reverse.

8) What about the ones who had you down to a T? :P

Chana said...

Brooklyn Wolf,

Thanks! Yes, well, but you're not the one who wanders around after having drunk half a bottle of NyQuil, bleary-eyed, a patch of peeling red skin under your nose, incredibly drowsy and sick wondering how the heck you got to be a college kid who can't do something as simple as pop two Advil.

Ezzie, you're not just going through the motions and you'd better not try to tell me you don't care, because I can prove you do.

I have been able to swallow gum and even Starbursts for a very long time. Then, when I was twelve, I once almost choked on a cherry Starburst at someone's Bat Mitzvah (and no one was there to help me.) From then on, I've been traumatized.

You're afraid of death? How do you mean?

Don't know if you had me down to a T...probably close, though.

Erachet said...

4. Me neither. Well, I can swallow really little ones, but that's about it.

5. ME TOO.

PATUCAWARRIOR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am happy to see Olivia still rules the Blogging world...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating!

I don't know if Jameel will participate; there's always so much for him to blog about. I didn't tag him because I didn't think he'd be able to get around to it once he resumed blogging.

I still wonder how that man finds time to do everything each day (this comes after spending two Shabbatot with him).

Anonymous said...

5. I am afraid of dying (the process and the pain involved) but not of death itself. I am most afraid of dying before I have finished what I have set out to do.

6. I love chocolate ice cream, ice-skating, beautiful cards (and I prefer Papyrus to Hallmark) and bookstores


Somehow I read the beginning of the latter while I was still finishing reading the end of the former, and learned that you are most afraid of dying before you have finished . . . chocolate ice cream.

Chana said...

Anonymous,

That is great.

Yes, my chocolate ice cream is just that important to me...

:-)

Scraps said...

Thanks for the tag, Chana! :)