Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mad-Eye Moody Lives On In Me

Last night I went to The Container Store to buy- you guessed it- containers! Well, what I really wanted was a receipt sorter so that Heshy and I can make some sort of order out of the hoards of receipts that are living in our house. However, when I looked at the actual item, I was horrified by its array of gizmos and other wackiness which makes it difficult to use. So I got a stationary organizer instead for the same purpose. Hurray.

Anyway, that's not the interesting part. That happens when I went to check out.

Brightly-Smiling Cashier Lady: Hello! How are you this evening?

Chana: Good, thanks!

Brightly-Smiling Cashier Lady: (as she looks at my dry-erase board calendar) Oh, are you a student? It's good to stay organized.

Chana: Yes, I am.

Brightly-Smiling Cashier Lady: What are you studying?

Chana: Oh, well I have a Bachelors in English Literature and am working toward my Masters in Bible.

Brightly-Smiling Cashier Lady: (perplexed, confused and slightly traumatized look) Eyeball?

Chana: No- Bible!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Very funny!

Anonymous said...

Visit http://www.theclothing.net online designer clothing boutique for girls looking to buy new designer clothing.
At theclothing.net we offer: Mary L. Couture, Short-sleeved Tees, Bridesmaid, AP Classics, Sentimetal NY, T-Shirts and Tops, Stuart Weitzman, Backpack, Hats, T Necks, Pillows, Mules, Fashion Dresses, T Necks, Hair Accessories, Shrugs Ponchos, Atria, Niteline - designed by: eDressMe new york, Brochu Walker, Creative Works, Tigerlily, Despi, Spanx, Lyric Culture, Mary L. Couture, Marc Bouwer Glamit!, BraBuddy, Pour La Victoire, David Lerner, Report Signature, Jules Smith, La Femme, Graham & Spencer, Burning Torch, Helmut Lang Denim, Elegantly Waisted, Burning Torch, L.A.M.B offering products like: 7 For All Mankind The Skinny Jeans, Helmut Lang Bone Stitch Sweater, Kirrily Johnston Silent Tree Poncho Dress, Seychelles Hawk Peep Toe Wedge, UGG Australia Tasman Clogs - cheapest prices, online sale!