Monday, June 30, 2008

emotional 'Get Out of Jail' card

I read a fascinating post by Treppenwitz in which he notes that his saving 82 people at one point in time is his " emotional 'Get Out Of Jail' card for some of the darkest moments of my life. So in a sense, one might say that they saved me too."

What is your Get Out of Jail card? What good deed have you done which never fails to uplift you, no matter how sad you are? This may or may not coincide with being your proudest moment. Alternatively, what good quality or character trait do you have which enables you to get out of jail?

9 comments:

Erachet said...

I haven't got a Get Out Of Jail Free card. Perhaps I just haven't lived long enough yet.

Anonymous said...

I killed the warden, much more effective.

Anonymous said...

I go grocery shopping for physically challenged people every other week. It makes all of us feel good.

Anonymous said...

and do you have such a card?

Unknown said...

When one sees a little light they can then see their'get out of jail free card.

treppenwitz said...

Very sweet of you to mention my post/experience. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Saved my 2-year-old son from certain Death By Tortellini with the Heimlich maneuver.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Helped prevent a terror attack on our community.

Anonymous said...

a friend tells me im the only reason she didnt kill herself