Thursday, August 23, 2007

Obstacle Courses, Debris and Half-Hour Heroes

Head over to Chicago if you feel like experiencing the wrath and fury of a god-awful storm. My dad and sister have been holed up at his work for about two hours and are now driving home through swimming pools of water on the roads, avoiding debris, scattered tree limbs, broken and twisted metal signs and dead streetlights. Basically, dangerous driving 101; can you survive this?

But I figure they'll make it in one piece, so that's all good.

Better story- I now feel incredibly complimented. So I'm sitting in my room when the phone rings; I pick it up to hear the lovely tones of a fantastic person who informs me that she's calling because she's wondering if I can write something for her in about a half an hour? She gives me the requisite details, me knowing nothing about the topic, seems extremely calm despite what must be ever-creeping panic, then hangs up.

Anyway, I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. Isn't it nice to be thought of in such a situation? Don't know what to do- call Chana! She will write you pieces in under thirty minutes!

So I am now in an absurdly good mood.

It's been a good day.

2 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

Reminds me of the old legend of how Chicago was founded..

10 people from New York were sitting talking..how..New York is so dirty...and noisy...and expensive..if only it were a little windier..

Ezzie said...

...or that they can use you to write their stuff. :P