1. I like the name 'Brandon'
2. I also like the name 'Jared'
3. My favorite name for a girl is 'Aurora'
4. I have no patience for just about anything except for when someone is crying, in which case I have all the patience in the world
5. My sense of humor is hard to pin down, but there are some things that I find unbelievably funny and want the whole world to enjoy; most of the time, this takes the form of Calvin-and-Hobbes-esque entertainment that happens in real life.
6. A nice black lady was my Mommy on the subway today and instructed me to tell the gentleman in front of me to move so that I could hold on to a pole and resist getting thrown against her.
7. I have dreams that involve putting my cousin's twins to sleep in two separate beds that have the same kind of guards that I used to have on my bed as a child and that the Boys used to have. So it's a mixture of this and pillows. I also dreamed that a green gummy-thingy with gummy black eyes that looked like a Flubber but wriggled on the ground like a snail was given to all of us in a huge auditorium and we needed to kill it as a Korban. But, as I wailed to Heshy first thing in the morning upon waking up, "I didn't kill my Korban, Heshy! It had sad black gummy eyes and I couldn't kill it. Because it talked to me in English and could fly kind of like a little horse and said 'Sit Down.'" At which point Heshy remarked that if the cow at the shechita we observed had spoken to me in English, I wouldn't have been able to kill that cow either. Which led to worries about King Solomon who could speak the animals' languages and how if I were King Solomon I wouldn't be able to eat anything anymore. And resolved itself in Heshy saying he had never watched Flubber and falling back asleep.
8. I love people who have red hair, copper-colored hair or any wig that has any variation thereof. There's just an innate attraction between me and red-haired folks.
9. I love my long subway commute because it means I get to read lots of books. Except I am running out of books that I own and am now re-reading books, which can be fun but is a bit sad.
10. I watch "Pretty Little Liars" for no other reason than because all the main characters are so devastatingly pretty. Particularly Aria. I just stare at Aria all day. I've tried to explain to Heshy that he must come over to the Aria-love by telling him all about how she is the prettiest person anyone has ever seen but he mostly yawns and tells me I need to look in the mirror. At which point I do and sigh unhappily. But anyway, Aria was totally meant to be an arresting medieval portrait that would have earned the painter patronage for the rest of his life.
11. We bought me Steve Madden leggings that have shimmery silver buttons and a zipper going down the sides and they are awesome-looking and cool and I like wearing them.
12. Whenever I reflect on my life and realize, in wonder, that I am in fact a human being, I'm reminded of the amazing Elephant Man scene where he asserts the same.
What random things would you like to share?