Thursday, October 29, 2009

In Which Olly Is An Absent-Minded Professor

I have a tendency to become very absorbed in whatever I am doing. I was concentrating upon my work, until a point in time when I absentmindedly rubbed the sole of my foot against the back of my leg. My foot was wet. That was odd. But I paid no mind until I realized that actually, my feet were in the midst of a puddle. No, scratch that, my whole room was a giant mass of puddles! Now, what in the world was causing this flood of water?

It was then that I recognized the culprit. The silver radiator/ water-heater is leaking. I quickly cranked it off and attempted to clean up the damage with paper towels. Of course, that didn't work, so it was time to bring out the big guns. There were towels involved, my friends. *looks solemn*

I confess, the first thought that went through my mind was: "So that's why all my notebooks have been getting so confoundedly wet!" You see, the water has been seeping into my backpack...

It seems my new choice is to freeze or to flood my room. Heat is not an option for Olly. Well, at least it isn't until I find the Superintendent and inquire about the fact that my belongings have begun to resemble Noah's Ark due to this silvery contraption.

4 comments:

The Cousin said...

Oy Vey! Do indeed find the super and get things fixed.

In my first apartment I and other residents on my floor went without heat for a bit. No, it wasn't fun at all (unless sleeping in a ski cap, w/ gloves and lots of blankets is "fun")

At least with the cold one is able to stay warm (bundle up). Or as my father--your uncle would say (at least to me)--being in the cold builds character....

Chana said...

Your father sounds a lot like Calvin's dad. Speaking of which, it is pathetic that the coworker didn't know who Calvin and Hobbes is.

Toviah said...

this reminds me of a gemara...

Anonymous said...

Hope you got things fixed.