Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Beautiful Life



~"Beautiful Life" by Ace of Base.

*

So many thoughts today...the ones I choose are these.

You can do what you want;
Just seize the day
What you're doing tomorrow's gonna
Come your way.
Don't you ever consider giving up;
You will find, ohh-o-ohh.
It's a beautiful life, oh-oh-oh.
It's a beautiful life, oh-oh-oh.
It's a beautiful life, oh-oh-oh.

Today's Angel's Day, my friends (666 is the Devil's number, thus 999 is Angel's Day!) And on Angel's Day we shall remember it's a beautiful life and it's time for a dance party. *smile* Thank God, I am a blessed person. I have and live an absolutely beautiful life. I have been granted innumerable blessings- my health, my family, various excursions, fantastic memories with wonderful people who granted me so much of their time, patience and understanding and the pleasure of the joys that comprise New York with its rambling parks and vicissitudes. I am a truly lucky person. For these things I thank you, God, and I pray to appreciate the life you have given me to the extent I ought. One day I shall be entirely happy and what gladness will I offer up to you in thanks for that! The euphoric jubilation of your thrice-blessed daughter- that, God, is what You have to look forward to. Doused in confetti and adorned with glitter, your madcap child will dance through the streets, thrilled by the desire to glory in Your kindness. Until that time, the dance parties remain in my house. *wink* Gives you incentive, now doesn't it, God? Come on, you know you want to see me like that. It'll be a bit reminiscent of David and his dance before the Aron. Good times, no? Although the palace I shall build you will be in my heart, for I do not possess the gems of Solomon. And if I did, I would entwine them in my hair, the tachshitim of your fairy queen. Imagine that! I see you're smiling. Yes, even You are amused, are You not?

ג וַאֲבָרְכָה, מְבָרְכֶיךָ, וּמְקַלֶּלְךָ, אָאֹר; וְנִבְרְכוּ בְךָ, כֹּל מִשְׁפְּחֹת הָאֲדָמָה. 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and him that curseth thee will I curse; and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.'

~Genesis 12:3

I have blessed Your creations, with all my heart have I blessed them and wished them well, even those that have wronged me; thus shall You bless me in turn. For you see, God, we are all meant to live beautiful lives. And they start...today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

compare and contrast to "the Grass Roots"-
Sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today (hey hey hey hey)
Sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today
And don't worry 'bout tomorrow, hey hey hey hey
Sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today


KT&ST
Joel Rich

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

...always thought ace of base was black.. ..same with fergie.. ...and I always thought 'fast car' by tracy chapman was sung by a young white guy, not an older black woman...

..aaanyay...