Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dates & Deadlines

For the first time in my life, I have found it necessary to create a schedule for myself. It's a document on Microsoft Word entitled "Deadlines & Dates."

I've just realized that this Sukkos vacation isn't a vacation at all, because in order to do the things I plan on doing when I come back to school, I need to write all my papers over vacation. This is a problem because I simply don't see the time. The majority of the days are those on which I am forbidden to write/ won't be in a place where I can write.

I think someone will be writing papers in the airport tomorow.

[insert thought to self, taken from an old black and white movie]

Damn, girl, but you've made it tough on yourself!

It's easy, there's a trick to it, you do it or you die. ~American Gods

Welcome to the challenge.

6 comments:

BubbyT said...

I distinctly remember the "old days" when I spent most of chol hamoed and isru chag in the 42nd street Library doing papers (in those olden days, it was the Stern Library!!) I'm surprised Stern started before the chagim. When yom tov was early in the "olden days" they usually started after Sukkos.Hatzlacha in trying to get it all done and enjoy the chag..it is zman simchaseinu!!

Ezzie said...

I *love* deadlines. They're more fun when you totally forget about them until the last day.

Um, I'm a bad example.

haKiruv said...

I use Google Calendar

You can put a Jewish Holiday template in there, and also make certain calendars public to let your friends or coworkers know what you're schedule is like.

Erachet said...

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." ~Douglas Adams

Stubborn and Strong said...

:groan: did u have to remind me?

the apple said...

I do sympathize, my dearest. I probably don't have *quite* as much to write as you do, but I sometimes find it hard to enjoy the chag when I know that there's homework hanging over my head (or newspaper article deadlines, when nobody gets back to you. Argh.).

I have two general routes: 1. Push off all work until the last possible minute, or 2. Do a teeny amount of work in advance, feel proud of myself for doing work in advance, and then promptly ignore the rest of what I need to do until the last possible second.

Neither is perfect, but there you are.