Tuesday, April 24, 2007

JIBS, Campaign Strategies, and Vote for Me!



Smock.

Welcome, all visitors! Come visit in good cheer.

You are wondering, "Who is this *insert nasal French derogatory and condescending tone* Curious Jew? How does one characterize her blog? How dare she compete against moi? She is a Dark Horse! An unknown candidate!"

Well, perhaps you do not wonder in such an exaggerated and self-centered way, but that is what I would do. Hence the drama, flair, and dazzling lighting effects. (You don't see those lighting effects? Pity. The blog veritably emits radiance. Dark radiance, to make it even more exciting.)

That all having been said: I am an eighteen-year-old student at Yeshiva University. My tastes and topics in learning and writing are somewhat eclectic. I have been known to write about anorexia, Niddah, magic and passion. I have also written about events at YU, Yom Hashoa, various Holocaust books, and movies that affect me. In terms of Torah, I write about what fascinates me, ranging from a portrait of the evil inclination to Egyptian women and the alternative version of Akedas Yitzchak. I do have a sense of humor, contrary to what some believe, which manifests itself in my stories about Thanksgiving escapades, finals, and elevators. I write stories, such as The Bloody Rose and At the Zoo. I am a very curious person, as the name of the blog implies, and I wonder about a lot of things, especially about truth and happiness. My best post to date has been this one, Off the Derech.

I figure that there are two ways to campaign for the JIBs. The first way, of course, is to tear down everybody else, come up with evil slogans and begin a mud-slinging contest. This way does not appeal to me.

The second, of course, is to very respectfully request that if you like this blog, and have enjoyed any of the posts here, you might consider voting for me in the following categories at this time.

Best Student/ Student Life Blog
Best Small Blog

You may vote only once during this week.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Moshe said...

Good luck!!

Ezzie said...

I do have a sense of humor, contrary to what some believe

:D Good luck!

The first way, of course, is to tear down everybody else, come up with evil slogans and begin a mud-slinging contest. This way does not appeal to me.The second, of course, is to very respectfully request that if you like this blog, and have enjoyed any of the posts here, you might consider voting for me in the following categories at this time.

Amen.

Akiva said...

Hatzlacha! Thanks for participating. Finding new interesting blogs like yours is what makes it worth it!

Irina Tsukerman said...

Best of luck! : )

Tobie said...

The first way, of course, is to tear down everybody else, come up with evil slogans and begin a mud-slinging contest.

Oooh! Oooh! Could there be mud-slinging? I've never mud-slung or been mud-slunged before and it sounds like so much fun! Like "My opponent eats kittens for breakfast and reputable witnesses have heard her advocating Satan worship!"